They're Catching On

In this instance, the "they" I'm talking about are journalists. Here's the article I'm refering to:
You may have missed the march in downtown L.A. on Aug. 12, but I was there. I expected the Palestinian flags, the jaunty kaffiyehs, the drum-beating and brow-beating. But I nearly dropped my pen in the gutter when I heard cries of "Long live Hezbollah!" from the marchers.

It's one thing to protest the Israel-U.S. alliance, to think Israel's a big bully, etc. I don't agree, but a free country is open to varied political discourse. Call everyone with whom you disagree a Nazi if it makes you feel better. But it's quite another to cheer on a terrorist organization. And if you think it isn't happening in the United States, you may have missed some recent far-left rallies where that anti-Israel stance crossed the line to anti-Semitism, where the traditional anti-Bush chants were supplemented with support for guerrilla militias armed by Iran.
It's great to see the Agenda Media finally getting it. They're finally coming to understanding that this is a real war, not a "metaphor" as Richard Holbrooke asserted in 2004.

Isn't it ironic to read about such protests? It isn't that they don't have the right to protest here in America. It's because the people that they're protesting for those that don't allow similar dissent in their native countries.



Posted Thursday, August 31, 2006 4:43 AM

July 2006 Posts

No comments.

Popular posts from this blog

January 19-20, 2012

Snow Rebuts Misinformation

March 21-24, 2016