Centanni Released!!!

FNC reporter Steve Centanni was released this morning!!! Here's some of the details on his release:
Steve Centanni, 60, and Olaf Wiig, 36, left Gaza and have since crossed into Israel after their release. The men left Gaza through the Erez border crossing.

---------------

A tearful Centanni embraced a Palestinian journalist briefly as he entered, then rushed upstairs as Wiig followed.

Centanni, in a phone interview shortly after his release, said "I'm fine. I'm just so happy to be free." He said he was so emotional because he was out and alive. "There were times when I thought 'I'm dead,' and I'm not," Centanni said. "I'm fine. I'm so very happy."
It's great to hear that Centanni & Wiig have been freed. I've been hoping for this moment but I haven't been terribly confident that they'd be released or even found alive.
Both of the men were forced to convert to Islam at gunpoint, Centanni said. "We were forced to convert to Islam at gunpoint," Centanni told FOX News. "Don't get me wrong here. I have the highest respect for Islam, and I learned a lot of good things about it, but it was something we felt we had to do because they had the guns, and we didn't know what the hell was going on."
The religion of peace, huh? The next time I hear some lefty talk about Christians wanting to impose a theocracy on America, I'll ask when the last time was that they heard about a Christian forcing a 'conversion' at gunpoint. What a travesty.
Centanni's brother, Ken, spoke to FOX News directly after the news was released. It's just a tremendous amount of relief, overwhelming relief," he said.
No doubt Ken's sense of relief is more intense than the general public's sense of relief but it's still safe to say that Americans everywhere are thankful to hear of his release.

Welcome home, Steve.



Posted Sunday, August 27, 2006 10:15 AM

July 2006 Posts

No comments.

Popular posts from this blog

January 19-20, 2012

Snow Rebuts Misinformation

March 21-24, 2016