Bachmann Endorsement

This afternoon, at about 2:45 CT, Michelle Bachmann got the MN GOP CD-6 endorsement to succeed Mark Kennedy in representing me in Washington.

Michelle won 56% on the first ballot, 59% on the second ballot before going over the 60% magic mark on the third ballot.

Check out King's report at SCSUScholars for a comprehensive report on the actual goings on at the CD-6 convention.

Congratulations to Michelle on winning the endorsement. I'm certain that you'll do us proud in the U.S. House of Representatives. Just keep standing for the things you've campaigned about and we'll be satisfied.

It's also worth noting that Jay Esmay established himself as a future force to be reckoned with if he decides to run for the Minnesota legislature. From all that I've read from this weekend, his supporters were the second most energized behind Bachmann's.

I met Jay at the Benton County Convention & I must say that I'm impressed with him. Let me just say that I hope he decides to run in St. Cloud because I we need Tarryl Clark to be defeated ASAP. ( Ed. Note: King reminded me that Jeff Johnson has been endorsed for the seat so that's who I'll be working to get elected. )

I second King in hoping that Jay continues blogging and that Phil Krinkie & Jim Knoblach return to the State House of Representatives.



Posted Saturday, May 6, 2006 10:46 PM

Comment 1 by Jeff at 06-May-06 09:46 PM
Huzzah for Michelle!

Comment 2 by Joey at 06-May-06 10:11 PM
Gary, I read your comment ripping Tony from Always Right Usually Correct. Ditto to that.

I'm one of those Winnesota people...I live in St. Croix County in Wisconsin but I'm in the Twin Cities market, so I'm a bit torn politically. Bachmann's campaign director is a friend of mine from when we were in college, so I went today.

I'm realizing more and more that guys like Tony really have no bearing on the party. Good riddance to them if they do leave the party. They want to have their cake and eat it too, and it's just not possible. I wish he'd run so he can show us all how it's done.

Good job for Michele, and I'm happy for everyone in the 6th who will be able to enjoy more solid representation.

Oh, and I should also add that I was very impressed with Jay Esmay as well. I'd never met any of the candidates, but I was very impressed with him. I'd love to see him run for office again in some capacity.

Popular posts from this blog

January 19-20, 2012

Snow Rebuts Misinformation

March 21-24, 2016